Dr. Rob Rainbow
Family and Cosmetic Dentistry
OUR OFFICE IS OPEN!
We are happy to announce that our office will be open as of May 26th, 2020 for regular dental treatments, however enhanced protocols will be in place due to COVID-19.
You will notice some changes to our office and we have worked hard to ensure that these changes adhere to the guidelines set out by the CDSBC, BCCDC, WorkSafe BC, and the BCDA. Dental offices have always been at the forefront of infection control protocols and our office has always met these high standards; now there will be additional measures put in place to ensure your safety and ours.
PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
- First and foremost, if you are feeling unwell, showing any signs of illness, have been in contact with someone who has a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19, please call our office to reschedule your appointment.
- Please answer the Patient Health Screening Form that will be sent to you and email it back to our office the day before your scheduled appointment.
ARRIVING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Call the office (604) 942-5040 from your vehicle when you arrive. As we need to adhere to physical distancing protocols both in our office as well as the common areas of the building, we will advise you when you can proceed to your appointment. The building management company has marked out the areas in the lobby as well as the elevator.
- Please wear a mask into the building and keep it on until you are seated in the operatory.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided by the building management company and take the elevator up to our office. In order to avoid congestion in the very small area of the stairwell, foot traffic should only flow in the one downward direction.
- Due to the allowable occupancy protocols and the relatively small size of our office, we ask that no one else accompanies you to your appointment. For children that need a parent to accompany them, we ask that only one parent attend.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Our staff will escort you into your appointment. They will review the Patient Health Screening Form and take your temperature. An oral pre-treatment rinse will be administered for most appointments.
- In order to provide you with the same high quality of dental care, additional PPE will be used by Dr. Rainbow and staff. This may include N95 masks, face shields and gowns.
AT THE END OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
- You will be asked to wear your mask again up to the reception desk.
- We will try to limit the amount of contact necessary to complete claims and process payments. Our reception area is continually cleaned and disinfected after each patient leaves our office.
- Please use the hand sanitizer at our front desk and you may use the elevator or the stairs to leave the building.
We know this is a challenging time for everyone, but we are confident that if everyone works together we will all be able to get our community through this uncertainty. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to provide you with the quality dental care you have always received while implementing these new protocols. We are all looking forward to seeing and taking care of your smiles once again.
Dr. Rainbow, Sherri, Tammy & Ricky